So. Spiderman. Yup.
I sat down and randomly sketched shape, which I liked. Originally the drawing was going to be Kermit the Frog, but I decided that I wasn’t taking advantage of the shape by doing so.
Five hours of contemplation later, I realized that spiderman would be fun to do.
I liked the head so I painted it first. When I got done with the head, I realized that the sketch of the body wasn’t what it could be. Pose, shapes, etc. So I redrew it and painted the rest.
Then the webbing, which I drew with 1 color, then airbrushed the highlights in with a “locked pixel layer.”
The adjusted version at the top of the page is after I painting the background and did some color dodging for glow spots in the image. From there, a bit of motion blur, split toning, overlaid gradients, and viola, spiderman.
I’m debating on whether or not I should add some of the elements from the Civil War Spiderman suit. But I think what I currently have is good for now.