Cycles Rendering (Blender 3d)

I’m back from vacation and have some stuff to show for the hours that I had nothing to do. Here’s one of them.

Cycles Render 2Cycles test

For as long as Iv’e been using Blender 3d, I have rendered everything with the internal engine, which is one of the two options. The other option being: Cycles

There is a big list of advantages to rendering with Cycles, but in short, it’s more accurate and realistic. Anyway, during my time with no internet, I decided to mess around with Cycles, and see what I could do. Here are a couple of results I got from rendering a past sculpt in Cycles.

Glossy turtle
Glossy surface

Glassy turtle

I had to play around with the glass one a bit to get an interesting image. What I ended up doing was having a plane behind the turtle with an emission material, which basically makes it a light source.

I have some photos and possibly some pen drawings coming up, so follow this site either by email or WordPress if you want to see more.

Also check out my new website: http://jumpingmonkeyart.wix.com/jumpingmonkeyart

Email me at jumpingmonkeyart@gmail.com for business inquiries.

-Jumping Monkey (Josh)

Advertisements

Day 54- There’s Always a Bigger Fish (Animation)

I did like six characters for this post and took almost the whole day to create them, animate and add music and sound effects. The characters were done in in Adobe Illustrator and I animated everything in Blender.

For more Daily Characters click here or you can just check out the rest of my site here.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Day 27- Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King Portrait-01

I created a portrait of Martin Luther King via Adobe Illustrator by applying a filter to a photo of King, tracing and adjusting the lines with the pencil tool and filling the shapes with darker and darker shades of grey.

I then exported each layer into an image, imported them back into blender as separate planes, animated the camera and planes, composited some particles with defocus and motion blur and, of course, exported the result into Vimeo.

There were a few mistakes that I might have avoided, such as, you may notice as the particles move by, they might blink slightly. That is a result of the defocus filter, and the threshold setting, which is probably too low. And there is also the part when the camera comes close to the images, there is a weird blur that happens around the image. This is caused also because of the defocus filter, since the images are on planes which I have made the rest transparent, the defocus filter still registers the transparent part of the plane and defocuses it as well. Thus blurring everything behind it. Oh well.